Neon photoframe

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:07:36 CEST 2009

Finally got the patch applied (by hand, the patch program claims your
patch to be invalid...).
Near neon.py:724, I had to do this:

elif self.opened_img_index < len(self.gui.fsb.images) - 1:
# dirty hack!
if self.opened_img_index == None:
self.opened_img_index = 0
self.opened_img_index += 1

If that extra 'if' isn't there, the interpreter complains about += 1 not
being applicable to opened_img_index, which is of NoneType till then, so
it needs to become an int at some point. Though there's a better place
to do that for sure.
Now the slideshow works, but there's still the top menu and parts of the
folder list on the left and right visible. How could we fix that? I just
got your code to work before looking at it myself...

I thought about getting images from a desktop simply by mounting the
image dir on the neo and reading images like everywhere else. Ones from
the web are a little different... Especially because size differs. And
how might one get them? Does photo.net have some api? Loading large
images and rescaling them for the Neo's screen takes quite long btw...