Graphics in Mokomaze

Fabian Killus fabian at ji-xiansheng.de
Wed Sep 30 13:22:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:31:26 +0200
Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:

> So how is that Ball in Mokomaze done? From the falling-into-holes
> motion I guess it's kinda 3D, but so fluent, how did the author
> achieve that?
>
> --
> Marcel

I looked at mokomaze some time ago. I think it used sprites for all
possible angles instead of real 3D. Since the ball is the only moving
object on the screen and not very big either, this is possible.
In case your objects aren't very big I'd suggest to use the same
approach. For example you could have one image per 10 degrees (That
would only make 36 images per object).

jxs