openmoko dfu-util improvements (patch & questions)

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Apr 7 20:05:08 CEST 2010

Hello.

On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 19:07, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> I can do this for you. Will test your patch tomorrow or friday and let you know
> if it breaks anything for my diferent OM devices. Quite likely that we need the
> quirk to keep it working with the u-boot versions shipped on the devices.

I just gave it a try. Your patch did not apply for me. Against which version did
you made it?

I changed it by hand and it did not work.

/* Shipped Openmoko u-boot on GTA02 does not set the
 * timeout value correctly. Work around this until we
 * have proper quirks. */
 if (dst.bwPollTimeout == 0)
        usleep(5000);
 else
        usleep(dst.bwPollTimeout*1000);

A printf showed me that the value is actually set from my u-boot 1.3.2-moko12

Starting download: [Timout: 5642501
Timout: 14802992
Timout: 15045280
Timout: 15044880

And multiplying this with 1000 should be avoided for better performance I guess.
;)

I haven't looked at the u-boot code where the value comes from. Need to finish
some other things. Just anted to let you know that the easy quirk did not work
out.

While being there I added SILENT_RULES to the build system and fixed a warning
spotted to the the cleaner build.

regards
Stefan Schmidt