dbus and ssh connection

Jose Luis Perez Diez jluis at escomposlinux.org
Thu Jan 7 12:59:15 CET 2010

El Thursday, 7 de January de 2010 12:07:20 Alexander Lehner va escriure:
> If I do an 'ssh remotehost' and run an application on 'remotehost' which
> does some dbus stuff, it seems that the dbus interface does not find the
> 'right' SystemBus or whatever.
> I have to use the local console (terminal on FR) to get proper results.

If your app access the system bus it will work fine. If the app uses the
session bus yo could set DISPLAY to :0 or get the sesion dbus address from an
app using it ( I use export `grep DBUS_SESSION /proc/*/environ |tail -1 |
sed 's/^.*:DBUS/DBUS/'` to copy it to my enviroment)