A new hardware

Esben Damgaard maillist at hvemder.dk
Sun Mar 7 20:44:07 CET 2010

Visti Andresen skrev:
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:37:55 +0100
> Esben Damgaard <maillist at hvemder.dk> wrote:
>> http://www.ziilabs.com/products/platforms/ziitrinity.aspx
>>
> Interesting hardware, however how open is the hardware?
> I'm currently waiting for my developer sign-up confirmation,
> after that I am looking forward to seeing that kind of docs I can donwload.
> But I remain quite pessimistic...

I don't know how open it is, but they do have Linux drivers, and maybe
Openmoko could get the source.
But it's just a thought, where the point is that Openmoko should not
give up. They could look in to how to easily get some new hardware out
there.
There is still a demand (unknown of size) that want free phones, and the
current attempt (Freerunner) was simply not good enough. I just hope
that something would happen on the hardware side again.

Esben