[wikireader] share .torrent files

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Jan 19 02:25:19 CET 2011

Hi list,

Since I downloaded the wikipedia in english and german, and the deguten
via bittorrent, I left my torrents for sharing in my torrent client.

My experience in my first download was, that the speed was quite low (at
least not the 200-300 kB/s which one would excpect nowadays from a
normal http download).

Since then I was watching the number of downloads and megabytes and the
number of seeders.
In average there are not more than 5 seeders for the enpedia, only 2 for
depedia and 1 for deguten. There is approximately one downloader per day.
I've uploaded about 20GB in the last 6 weeks, which is quite moderate
to carry for a usual personal DSL connection.

I would like to encourage everybody who is downloading those files, to
leave them in the upload queue as long as the own bandwidth allows.
This would make a nicer experience for users who download those files.

A.