Connecting two FRs and IP assignment

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 14:32:37 CET 2011

On Thursday 20 January 2011, RANJAN wrote:
> > >Thing you asking about is not generally freerunner-specific. You have to
> > >check routing tables on your Windows PC, and place fr's into different
> > >ip nets.
>
> I did set them to different IPS as 192.168.0.200 and 192.168.0.100 or
> 192.168.0.206/208. But it dint work.

No, it wouldn't. As the parent said, it's a routing problem on the Windows
machine. It will be sending traffic for 192.168.0.* through one of the USB
connections according to the routing tables. You need to get it to send
traffic for each freerunner down the appropriate connection. There is of
course more than one way to do this...

The parent suggests changing the IP of one of the freerunners to be on a
different net to the other, such as 192.168.1.x instead of 192.168.0.x which
may be the easiest option.

Another is to use whatever the Windows equivalent of the unix 'route' command
is to tell it to send traffic for 192.168.0.202 down one USB connection, and
192.168.0.206 or whatever down the other.

Don't ask me how to do them - I know my way around linux networking controls,
but not Windows.