[ANNOUNCE] dfu-util 0.4 release

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Wed Jul 20 21:23:12 CEST 2011

Hello.

After a longer time then expected we finally have a 0.4 release out
for dfu-util. Next to some bug fixes and smaller enhancements we have
two major changes in this release.

First we have the rewrite to use the new libusb-1.0 API. Formerly we
used the pre 1.0 API from libusb. Its fading out though and we updated
to the lib which means and updated libusb is needed now. Its available
in all major linux distros though so that should not be a problem.

The second big change is the addition of DFU suffix handling.
Something that is mandatory from the spec but was never implemented as
it was not used on the Openmoko devices. Other DFU implementations are
using it and now we finally have support for it.

A big thanks goes to Tormod Volden for his DFU suffix work as well as
many many bug fixes for the new libusb code.

Give it some testing if you like. The tarballs are at the usual place:
http://dfu-util.gnumonks.org/releases/

0.4:
        o Rework to use libusb-1.0 (Stefan Schmidt)
        o DFU suffix support (Tormod Volden, Stefan Schmidt)
        o Sspeed up DFU downloads directly into memory (Bernard Blackham)
        o More flexible -d vid:pid parsing (Tormod Volden)
        o Many bug fixes and cleanups

2011-07-20: Stefan Schmidt <stefan at datenfreihafen.org>

regards
Stefan Schmidt