[Gta04-owner] case for GTA04 with 3D-printing?

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Jul 27 13:23:56 CEST 2011

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Yes, we did some experiments but have not modified the case data (we have
> no mechanical engineer in the team). Shapeways could not produce the parts.
> But they may have improved now.
>
> Here are the CAD files in different formats (Shapeways wants to see the STL format):
>
> 	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/CAD/
>
> And David 'Leviathan' is working on his RepRap to improve the precision,
> but AFAIK it is still not good enough.
>
> If anyone has new ideas, please share.

I downloaded the modified CAD file from
http://openmokast.org/cad-files.html
(Those canadian guys with the TV receiver)

and uploaded it to shapeways. At least they accepted the design and I
could view it in their java 3D-viewer.
I then ordered one for about 20 EUR.

If I have the piece in my hands, I will let you know and probably order
also the STL files from Nikolaus, just to see if and how that works.

Alex.