dfu-util: Support for DFU ST extensions (DfuSe)

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:35:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Stefan Schmidt
<stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> Di you try to do a git rebase -i on the branch and remove or squash
> some of the commits you want to get rid of? Due to the merges and your
> other changes I expect not all of the rebases will work. Maybe some
> will work out easily though.

I have tried and using -p, I still have to redo every merge conflict
resolve I had done in the original merges. Which I was hoping to
avoid, since squashing two commits does not change any code from there
on. Maybe "git rerere" is the answer? But it still requires me to redo
the merge conflict resolves once?

> I don't want to put to much work on you for merging this in (you did
> already enough with implementing it). I find the problem interesting
> though and would like to play with it myself a bit. How about this?
> You try some rebase interactive if you are in the mood and I will also
> play with your original branch at the weekend. If nothing better shows
> up I will just merge you squashed merge from master-patches on sunday.

I spent some hours without luck, let's see if you get any further.
Otherwise, yes, let's use my squashed merge and move on.

Cheers,
Tormod