no luck with building dfu-util for windows

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:43:38 CEST 2012

2012/4/6 Daniel Li:
> Hi Tormod Volden,
>

> I have get windows dfu-util source and start to use vs2005 to build dfu-util. And got following compile error:
>
> 1>dfu.c
> 1>z:\openmoko\dfu-util\src\dfu.c(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libusb.h': No such file or directory

The wiki page says "To create projects relying on libusb 1.0, please
refer to how the example executables (lsusb, xusb) are compiled".
Maybe they explain how to let the compiler find your libusb headers.

> And I don't know how to build libusb-1.0.8 with VS2005, so I tried cygwin, and got following error:

Don't use the 1.0.8 release (it is several years old), you have to use
latest git.

Have you tried the binary snapshots? They probably include header files as well.

I have no experience with building libusb or libusb applications on
Windows, I only have the info from that wiki page.

Tormod