[dfu-util] New dfu-suffix manipulation tool

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 17:44:13 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> Hi,
> In the meantime, I have done the ID change, squash and rebase and
> pushed it here:
> http://gitorious.org/~tormod/unofficial-clones/dfuse-dfu-util/commits/master-patches
> and have started to add some patches on top of this. But I can need to
> test more.
>
> Nothing new from LeafLabs yet, but I have added a tentative patch for
> a Maple quirk.
>
> Next I would like to port the file handling to stdio streams and fix
> some C standards compliance
> that should help for porting to other OS environments.

Finally, I have done all that, and I would welcome any testing,
especially on Windows,
which I can not test myself. Please mail me your full build logs. I
have tested on
linux/i686 and macosx 10.4.11 (powerpc), both with gcc.

Porting to stdio streams has caused one temporary change: Uploading to
a file (-U) will
overwrite existing files, which it would refuse to do earlier. It
seems difficult to fix this in
a clean, portable way, but I will come up with a hack later. But for
your testing, please
have your firmware files backed up somewhere :)

Cheers,
Tormod