[ANNOUNCE] dfu-util 0.6 release

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Mon May 7 15:05:29 CEST 2012

[cut]
> Actually I don't know how many people are still using dfu-util with
> Openmoko devices.
I would say, all of them, who use QtMoko and SHR.

>  Many have switched to Qi
Isn't Qi only a bootloader? And AFAIK is not able to flash FR?

>  and SD card booting it seems to me. Getting some feedback on this
> would be nice.
If you take a look at wiki, there are plenty of instructions how to
manually flash FR. And most (all?) are using dfu-util (I do not know
what tool is used to flash FR while booting from SD card).

> How many of you are using a recent dfu-util version for flashing
> their Openmoko devices?
Me :) , but don't count on much response on this ML. I have already
asked this question on other MLs [1]

[1]
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2012-May/066885.html
http://lists.shr-project.org/pipermail/shr-user/2012-May/007573.html