Making phone calls

Walter Goossens waltergoossens at home.nl
Wed Aug 1 00:23:42 CEST 2007

Dear All,

I'm the proud owner of a neo advanced kit and the first thing that
struck me is clear the LCD is! WOW! I didn't realize it would be THAT good.
Anyway, I read on the lists of all the success-stories of people using
their phone to make phone-calls. I didn't expect to be able to make
phone calls so I was pleasantly surprised.
I have eventually made a successful phone-call too, but with a lot of
trouble. gsmd and/or the modem and/or the openmoko-dialer kept crashing
on me. Using alsactl (to set the profile to headset) and libgsmd -m
shell I was finally able to make a phone call but after one call I had
to restart gsmd and sometimes even the phone.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect to be able to make phone-calls _at
all_ so I'm pleasantly surprised. But I was wondering what the
experiences of other owners is in this area.
I used a Dutch T-mobile card and a Dutch Telfort prepay-card with the
same level of success.
Accepting a call from the GUI always resulted in openmoko-dialer crashing...

Did I interpret the enthusiasm of other users too positive or should I
investigate more as to why it keeps crashing on my neo?
I used images compiled on 28,30&31 July for testing.

Hope to hear your experiences!

Greetings
Walter Goossens (tHe_IkkE)