First impressions

dmlist at openright.org dmlist at openright.org
Wed Aug 1 19:46:51 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I received my openmoko a couple of days ago. Here are some initial
thoughts.

First, dfu-util didn't work on big-endian. From the source, the fix is
probably minimal, but I decided to find a LE box. If someone has a
working patch, it may be helpful.

I had to keep pressing the AUX button during flash. I don't know if I
should update u-boot for that.

I used the 0728 uImage and rootfs.

>From the UI, the first impression is that the interface not yet suitable
for fingers. Even basic buttons in the corners seem too small for finger
use. Perhaps there are settings to change the size of these?

-don