Anyone had any luck with video ?

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 12:51:19 CEST 2007

Krzysztof Kajkowski wrote:
> 2007/8/2, Peter Trapp <openmoko at genial.ms>:
>
>> On Thursday 02 August 2007 09:35, Pranav Desai wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Has anyone been able to play video? I have tried displaying mplayer and vlc
>>> through on the neo Xserver using a host pc. The gui for vlc comes up just
>>> fine, but it fails to play any video.
>>>

>> haven't had any problems - using kaffeine :)
>>

> How to you install additional packages? What way do you find most convenient?

As Peter says, he was actually running the app on his desktop and
displaying it on the phone.

I have been looking at installing additional apps and libraries for
testing and I think that the easiest way would be to install apps
onto the SD card and run them from there.  I will try to make a
howto if I have any success.

Regards
Mike