how to contact FIC about the battery issue ?

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Aug 6 00:16:11 CEST 2007

On Aug 5, 2007, at 2:39 PM, y t wrote:
> So how do we communicate to FIC that we need a fix asap?

FIC knows that you need the fix ASAP.   It's been mentioned.   Your
concern is totally understandable.   But...

Please don't expect customer service at this stage in the game.   FIC
are being *really* helpful by giving us access to development
prototypes so early in the process.   I don't know if you have any
idea how unusual this is, but trust me, it's unusual.   It's as if
someone had given you an iPhone prototype two years ago, no strings
attached, do whatever you want with it.   I would go so far as to say
that with the possible exception of the Trolltech GreenPhone, it's
unprecedented.   And I think the GreenPhone was at a later stage in
development when it was released.

Rest assured that there are a lot of geeks turning their attention to
this phone right now.   So your problem will get solved, unless
there's a hardware problem we can't fix.   If you don't want the
phone now, knowing what state it's at at this point, knowing what
level of support you can expect, I would really suggest that you ebay
it and wait for the phase two phone, or even later - the last thing
you need, and the last thing we need, is for you to be getting angry
and frustrated about this.