neo won't turn on anymore

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Aug 13 04:43:38 CEST 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 7:14 PM, Helen Cook wrote:
> I'm now leaving the battery out for a few hours.. from the archives,
> it sounds like that worked for someone previously.  Failing that, has
> anyone else experienced this, and what can I do to fix it?  I don't
> have a debug board.

My experience with this, for what it's worth, is that if you drain
the battery, to get it back all you have to do is pull the battery
out for about ten seconds, and then charge it on a good USB port (I
use the one on my Macbook, but it worked fine on my Shuttle XPC
running Ubuntu as well).   At this point you won't get much action
out of the machine.   Just let it charge for a while.   At some point
the screen will flash white and then dark again - if you don't happen
to be looking, you'll miss it, but it seems like it's about twenty
minutes in.   After this, you can boot the phone.   Before this, you
can't.

I should say that I'm running the 2007.2 image.   I haven't really
messed with the earlier image, so I don't know if its charging
behavior is as good.   And I don't have any rhyme or reason to
justify this method - it's just what I thought to try after the
battery ran down, and it's worked for me three times now, so I'll
keep doing it as long as it keeps working... :')