neo won't turn on anymore

Phil Ashby phil.openmoko at ashbysoft.com
Wed Aug 15 11:02:06 CEST 2007

Mark Eichin wrote:
> "Helen Cook" <helen.cook at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the replies.  Hooray, it is not tragic hardware failure --
>> after charging it's now working again :)  I found it unbelievable that
>> leaving it on for that short an amount of time (overnight) would
>> totally drain the battery, but it seems that is the case.
>
> Err, there's no power management yet - the battery drains totally in
> about *two and a half hours*.  Helps you appreciate the extent to
> which PDAs are really "power management infrastructure that
> occasionally lets some software run" :-)

Hi all (*waves*), I too have discovered just how quickly the battery
drains in my Neo (I also wondered how I managed to 'brick' my new toy by
just leaving it overnight :)

Do we know who is co-ordinating the power management side of things? The
Wiki isn't very forthcoming apart from this page:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_GTA01_Power_Management

...which appears to be mostly edited by Speedevil.

I would be happy to help as I am keen to use the Neo during the day to
show off to my colleagues at work (in BT), and make progress towards it
being a reliable day-to-day phone for myself.

Cheers,
Phlash.