A few more First-Day issues

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Thu Aug 16 22:59:43 CEST 2007

> Why does access have to be through ssh? In a secure environment, we are
> a couple of guys who are very comfortable with telnet and ftp and as the
> resources are still limited, it doesn't seem out of line (please spare
> me the paranoia that I often hear when discussing this with young
> people, because I am well aware of the potential problems :-)

Please spare us the attitude :-) Use the mini-sshd that is provided.
Developer resources (time) is limited, as you say, and I am quite sure
that the core developers have more important things to do.  If you have
the time and energy to compile and build a system with telnetd and ftpd
just so you can use it, go ahead.  Otherwise why even bring it up?