2007.2 issues

Michael Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 24 20:12:37 CEST 2007

Carsten Bormann wrote:
> 1) After going to 2007.2 (i.e., the 2007.08 snapshots) and trying
> ipkg update && ipkg upgrade, I get a lot of successful upgrades but
> finally:

> Package libmokojournal2-0 wants to install file /usr/lib/
> libmokojournal2.so.0.0.1
>          But that file is already provided by package libmokojournal2
> Package libmokojournal2-0 wants to install file /usr/lib/
> libmokojournal2.so.0
>          But that file is already provided by package libmokojournal2

Sorry, someone changed the package layout without thinking of an
update path. Please do

ipkg remove libmokojournal2 --force-depends
ipkg install libmokojournal2-0

After that you can continue using the usual:

ipkg update && ipkg upgrade

> 2) On another note, when I start Terminal, I get an mxrvt without a
> keyboard (and, yes, I have tried starting the input manager, but that
> tends to start the calculator!?).

Mrxvt provides more functions, so we changed from gtkterm to Mrxvt.
Since the automatic IM opening is a gtk thing, it doesn't know about
other toolkits (or even plain X windows). This needs enhancing...

Regards,

:M:
--
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de