2007.2 issues

Michael Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Mon Aug 27 01:02:17 CEST 2007

D. R. Newman wrote:
> Have you managed to get the 'phone gatewayed through your computer to
> the build site? (When usb0 comes up on my PC, eth0 stops working, and I
> cannot get Mandriva to set up network translation between the Internet
> and static local IP addresses, it assumes they use DHCP. It does not use
> the same scripts as Redhat.)

I'm using Mandriva with the following script here:

mickey at allanon:/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup.d$ cat autoforward
#!/bin/sh

if [ -r /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-$1 ]; then
    . /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-$1

    if [ "$1" == "usb0" ]; then
        echo enabling NAT on $1
        iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s 192.168.0.0/24
        echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
    fi
fi