Problems, dfu-util in 2007.11, new uboot needed?

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Wed Dec 5 11:37:16 CET 2007

I was planing to flash 2007.11 but..

1) The dfu-util in downloads.openmoko.org/snapshots/2007.11/images/
don't work at all on my ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy). md5sums match... Anyone
had any luck with it? Any other dfu-utils? I found one from april, it
run but feels little old.

2) README.html says to upgrade uboot to the august snapshot... I have no
debugboard and if I have to upgrade uboot I want to do it as few time
ass possible (and as secure as possable). Ther is a far newer uboot in
the 2007.11 snapshot itself. I asume it is not stable yet (giving the
august snapshot recommendation).

2.1) Howe important is it to upgrade uboot at all for the 2007.11?
anyone running it on an older uboot (my is from May)?

2.2) Else, I might wait for the new uboot to be stable.... in the mean
time. Have anyone upgraded to 2007.11 (from august snapshot) with ipkg?
What might brake? I don't really need the phone functionality right now.

TIA /LaH