2007.11 - Report from Germany

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 12:28:22 CET 2007

Hi all!

Just to add to the lineup:

I have flashed 2007.11 into my Neo 1973 (GTA01BV4; are these hardware
revision numbers explained somewhere on the Wiki?) and did some tests.

I have two SIM cards available to try with:

T-Mobile (Germany) (recent SIM card):
seems to work fine
after booting, the phone asks for the PIN, I can enter it, after that,
the phone registers with the network and I can make and receive calls

Vodafone (Germany) (SIM card is 2-3 years old):
does not ask for PIN after boot, though the SIM required a PIN
behaves as if it was registered to the network, i.e. lets me dial, but
of course, never actually dials
I did not find any way to enter the PIN manually

Is there anything I can do to debug that Vodafone SIM card issue? Should
I file a bug for that?

Regards,
Torsten