Is GSM a blackbox in OpenMoko

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Fri Dec 14 14:06:37 CET 2007

 > This would be correct, and the only way many (most?) national
 > governments would have it.

What has the government to do with that?

 > It would be a gross understatement

Well, I mean for the purpose of using the GSM network. No doubt about
any kind of other uses, but this setup precludes you from doing things like:

- implement a SIM card in software
- utilize a different SIM card which you have access to via a network
- many other potentially interesting things

I need to say, I was hoping that I could get closer to the RAC (radio
access) layer with OpenMoko.

Regards,
Torsten