GSM Tech

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Sat Dec 15 11:30:18 CET 2007

Hi all!

Thanks everyone for the great pointers. I think there's lots of stuff to
digest and research.

 > but FIC may not appreciate the discussion on
 > their mailing list either.

Well, as Neo's don't come with a SIM lock, there's hardly a point here.

Besides that, I can see nothing wrong with trying to implement the
officialy published SIM Access Profile. And I think we need to know now
what to look for.

The question one could debate is to that extend this is a GSM technology
mailing list or not, especially if we'd go further down the road of:

 > Henryk Plötz wrote:
 > IIRC you'd need dual radios for [... using two SIMs at a time]
 > anyways.

I understand that GSM is based on time slots. So theoretically, I should
be able to make the same radio talk to network A in one timeslot and
network B in another. But that might be too simplicistic for whatever
reasons. Also there is still the use case that I had two SIMs (just with
different numbers and maybe different accounts == phone bills) but still
on the same phyiscal GSM network. At least that should be doable with
one radio, shouldn't it?

Well, I think this is getting OT for this list, isn't it?

Regards,
Torsten