Battery draining even when OM powered down

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:55:51 CET 2007

On 12/17/07, Jean-Michel Bouffard <jean-michel.bouffard at crc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
> My GTA01 phone is connected to my laptop most of the time but when I am
> leaving with my laptop, I have to disconnect the phone. So what I do is
> that I disconnect the phone from USB then from the power menu on the
> phone I select "Shutdown Now". The problem is that most of the time if
> the phone stays like that for more than 2 days, when I come back I
> cannot power up the phone and I need to connect it for 12 hours.
>
> Anyone could confirm that behavior?

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Battery_Charger
"""Also, it is currently unclear how "off" a powered down Neo really
is. So to avoid having to go through the emergency charging procedure
outlined below (which will keep you from using your Neo for hours)
make sure that you pull the battery from the device when you are not
using it"""