Suspend issues with GSM modem?

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:44:46 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 7:36 PM, Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com> wrote:

> Nick Guenther wrote:

> >> I am not so sure that's necessarily the whole issue. Of course, I could
> >> be wrong.
> >>
> >> I haven't tried this with openmoko/gsmd, but if you delete the ttySAC0
> >> and then create it again before you power it up (like I do with the
> >> qtopia startup script), at least with Qtopia, suspend/resume starts
> >> working more or less correctly. (this doesn't matter if there is a
> >> /dev/ttySAC0 entry in bootloader or not) It even wakes up for an
> >> incoming voice call. More or less. If it were a simply a matter of
> >> putting the chip/serial device into a known state on resume before you
> >> read from it, this would probably not work at all with Qtopia.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, the device (at least mine), occasionally gets into a
> >> state where it won't wake up, (or powers itself down), and requires a
> >> battery pull. But I have gone at least a day and half without plugging
> >> in the neo (could be two), and having a workable phone.
> >
> > You mean as described
> > http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007/12/04/neo-neuros-and-other-things/
> > right?
> > Um, an annoying newbie question (but that will probably help a lot of
> > people:) could you post the commands for deleting/creating a device? I
> > fought with makedevs for an afternoon and couldn't figure it out.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Nick
> >

> sudo rm /dev/ttySAC0
> sudo mknod /dev/ttySAC0 c 204 64 -m 660
> sudo chgrp dialout /dev/ttySAC0

Thanks a lot.
I put this into /etc/init.d/qpe, as follows:
<<<
if [ -e /dev/ttySAC0 ]; then
	echo "deleting serial";
	rm /dev/ttySAC0;
	echo "creating serial";
	mknod /dev/ttySAC0 c 204 64 -m 660;
	echo "changing group";
	chgrp dialout /dev/ttySAC0;
fi
echo "turning on gsm";
echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/gta01-pm-gsm.0/power_on
   echo "bluetooth"
   echo "Turning on bluetooth" > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/gta01-pm-bt.0/power_on

My neo still crashes when waking up from suspend (by [POWER] button),
however. Is that what you meant by "mostly working"?

-Nick