Git repository for Qtopia

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Dec 24 23:30:39 CET 2007

(Cross-posted at
http://qtopia.net/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=593&forum=1
and http://www.asheesh.org/note/software/trolltech-git.html )

In order to make it easier to track updates to the Qtopia 4.3.1 snapshots,
I made a git repository out of them that gets automatically updated.

First, a question: Are the only builds of the Qtopia snapshots for Neo1973
published by Trolltech?  (And a subtext: Anyone interested in working on
builds for an unofficial branch?)

What I'm doing is, automatically (every night), untarring the snapshots
into a git repository at git://git.asheesh.org/qtopia_snapshot.git , which
is readable in a gitweb at http://git.asheesh.org/?p=qtopia_snapshot.git .

Many of the snapshots contain the same contents, but if the automatic
script detects changes, it commits them and pushes them to this git
repository.

My current primary interest in the Qtopia GPL edition is for my HTC
Universal, which runs it very nicely including sleep and wake-up, SMS, and
voice calls. My interest in the git repositories lies from wanting to
publish a modified version of Qtopia that's easy to merge changes into as
Trolltech updates their code.  I'm sure there are Neo1973 users who would
like to hack on the Trolltech code or have an easy source repository from
which to get updates.

http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/Qtopia is where I'll be posting any
more information; you're welcome to reply to this thread too. If you're
working on a fork of Qtopia, I'd love to give out git commit access so you
can publish a branch on my git if you like.

Similarly, if people want to publish their Qtopia-based applications in a
git repository, just ask me! (Replying here is fine.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Disposable, use only once.