Help with DFU Mode (P1 Device)

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Tue Jul 31 23:06:56 CEST 2007

andrej w. writes:
>Hi,
>
>i think it is irrelevant when to fire up the dfu-util, as long as you
>changed the state of the
>console input (that is "Set console to USB"), right?

I didn't have to change the state of the console input.  I brought up
the device in DFU mode with the aux and power buttons, then plugged in
the USB cable, and everything worked.

>Did anybody managed to gain remote ssh access to the unit? I am
>constantly getting "connection refused"
>errors, while trying. Btw. I have used yesterdays rootfs and kernel
>images (2007_07_30).

Yes, I've had no problem.  I had to do a new ifconfig usb0, since my
home network is 192.168.0.x, so 192.168.0.202 (or was it 200?  Don't
remember) confused the routing on my laptop.  But I put them on two
addresses in 192.168.1.x, and had no problem from there.