device-owners Digest, Vol 5, Issue 21

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Mon Nov 19 00:39:42 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Daniel Hembree wrote:

> I was having the same sort of problems. Following the most recent advice,
> wiping the kernel and the rootfs, I installed the latest uImage and the 1117
> qtopia  rootfs. I believe I got that at
> http://buildhost.automated.it/CM2007.2/?M=D, but I can't seem to connect to
> that site today to confirm. I had to connect to the device with ssh and issue
> an " /usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/gsmhandset.state restore ". After that I was
> able to get and place calls.

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for that. I was using
OpenMoko-qtopia-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20071117-fic-gta01.rootfs.jffs2
(from http://buildhost.automated.it/OM2007.2/?M=D)
and calls semed to work but no voice sounds in any direction.
Connection and string as you gave above fixed that. However the phone
when called vibrates but does not ring. (It has rung in the past, what
else do I need to set?)

>  I am still unable to get openmoko's rootfs to
> connect with the network.

Not quite clear on this as I don't know how to get a terminal working
in qtopia, but from the PC, where I did the above ssh so am effectively
in the neo, I needed to write in the Neo a file /etc/resolv.conf which has
in it the one line
nameserver 192.168.0.200
which refers back to the PC. The PC is running dnsmasq.
Then from
root at fic-gta01:~$
I can succesfully ping a machine on the net which is pingable.
Also can ssh in to this machine from which I send mails.

Once before there were some instructions as to a good way to
get that file made automatically on starting up but I haven't
found them lately. I think it involved a script kept on /media/card.

cheers,
clare