Fwd: Running out of disk space

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:09:45 CEST 2007

Forwarding the message to the list as I hit reply instead of reply-all. Sorry.

On 10/3/07, Alexandru Scvortov <scvalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the last update I've only got about 5 Mb of disk space on the internal
> flash. On the other hand, I've got almost 1 Gb of free space on the sd card.
>
> Would it be a bad idea to break the sd into a couple of partitions and
> store /usr on it?
>
> If so, why? And what could I do to make more room.
> --

There is a way to install ipkg packages on the SD card. You can also
remove big packages from internal memory and reinstall it on the card.

See here http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Package_management

Also ipkgorphan could help by suggesting some pacakges you could remove