neo is dead, what should i do?

Olaf Lüke olaf at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Oct 10 17:36:52 CEST 2007

Hallo,

my neo doesn't respond to anything anymore. I already tested it with a
definitely fully loaded battery of a neo from a friend, so it is not the
deep-discharged-problem.
When i plug in a battery in the moment in which the battery touches the
contacts the display blinks and the vibrator vibrates for some ms. I
think this is not a normal behaviour, what could this mean?

I have not played around with uboot and i have not done anything
physically to my neo what should cause any problems.

When i connect my neo with usb to my pc, dmesg on my pc says:
"[10344.880339] usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71"

what should i do now? Unfortunately i couldn't afford a debug board, is
it possible that a uboot problem causes this effects?

cheers,
Olaf