Documentation, modules, keyboard, loading

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Fri Sep 7 03:00:52 CEST 2007

Dear all, I am finding it very hard to learn from the documentation
I think I am supposed to use. especially there are a huge number of
interesting pages at /wiki/ but no list of them I am having to make my own
as I find them.
I have found nothing about how I am supposed to get the right modules
loaded once I  go to kernel 2.6.22.

I last had a good result with these parts
u-boot-gta01bv4-1.2.0+git8993e54b6f397973794f3d6f47d3b3c0c98
dd4f6+svn20070819-r0.bin
uImage-2.6.21.6-moko11-r1_0_0_2688_0-fic-gta01.bin
openmoko-devel-image-fic-gta01-20070813013449.rootfs.jffs2

and they are repeatable, I can go back after bad experiences and they
work. (I am not zeroing the nand, believing that dfu-util now does
zeroing). (And by good I mean that I can get a terminal working).

Since mid August things went downhill. THe version in which Terminal
brought up a matchbox keyboard somehow broke it so that many keys did not
work at all (e.g. [] ( which I saw a bug about) and Ret, and Esc and Bksp
- the whole unusable as I was unable to make a ctrl[ to do Esc.

Various other problems. I expected to see these on the mailing lists or
the wiki, but found nothing.
My latest try at the official site failed to boot at all. Could that be
due to wrong modules? Or not zeroing - ?
Is it only me having these problems? - And please note I am obviously not
a developer, but I am excellent at breaking buggy software :)

clare