Charger for neo1973

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:44:31 CEST 2007

On 11/09/2007, John Seghers <jseghers at cequint.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm I suspect only in the 100ma charge rate.  You'd also want to be sure
> the neo was completely off, using the backup charging mechanism.

Since when could you draw current from an audio out line?, if it
converts the current to power the headphones into current to charge
your phone you could not use the audio jack to listen to inflight
entertainment.

> The web site has no mention of current output available, so there's no way
> other than trying it to find out for sure.

You would have to be watching or listening to something with constant
loud output to get any decent power out of the jack, even 100mA is
wishful thinking I surmise.