Uptime?

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Sat Apr 5 00:56:52 CEST 2008

I don't know of what HW issues there might be for the Neo GTA01 to
_drain_ so much battery so fast.
Could you be more precise?

The only thing I know that is better on the GTA02 is that it has a
calorie counter that helps deciding how much power has actually been
drained from the battery, thus helping the driver that shows how much
power is left.

It does however, not help with the battery draing issue.
Any change made in software that would help the GTA02 should also help
the GTA01.

The GTA01 battery is 1200mA and has the 6h - 12h (on/off) battery times.

My Motorola A780, which is also quite a powerful smartphone from 2004,
has a 780mA battery and doesn't drain faster than other regular
smartphones (74h when on and not used for calls, forever when off, also
without removing the battery).

I recognize that the Neo is a developers phone, but this is a disgrace
wrt. developing a mobile platform.

Peter