Uptime?

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Sat Apr 5 10:53:56 CEST 2008

On 5 Apr 2008, at 08:18, Rick K. Wilson wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been waiting for a very long time (since I heard about OM in
> 12/06) and I was excited that I would get a Neo1973 in 4/07, like
> every one else was shock the consumer release was delayed later 2007,
> and delayed again until March 2008 and delay once again. With all
> these delays and the battery performance the way it is on the Neo, so
> at this time I bought a palm AT&T Centro to pass me over until the
> FreeRunner is actually ready for consumers, when ever that is.

If you follow the openmoko-devel mailing list and the discussions about
hardware reviews for FreeRunner prototypes, it should be fairly easy to
deduce what stage OpenMoko are currently at with regards to full scale
production.

> I would also like to hear from Openmoko about the battery life on the
> FreeRunner since they are doing all the testing on around 20
> FreeRunners and still no word. It was great to get updates from OM via
> email, community update or even through YouTube about what is going
> on. It seems all communication has stopped. There is no more updates
> to the community update section.
>
> It would be nice to know from OM about the battery life on the
> FreeRunner.

I have on of the latest FreeRunner prototypes and I am pleased to say
it can run directly from USB power even if the battery is dead, and it
can also hold it's charge idle for a lot longer than the Neo1973.

Regards,

Thomas