Uptime?

Tim Niemeyer tim.niemeyer at mastersword.de
Sat Apr 5 15:51:13 CEST 2008

Hallo,

if you mean that the GSM is directly connected to the battery, than it
is no hardware BUG, more a bad feature. Not really a big problem because the
modem should be on all the time...
I never heared any save information on another hardware bug/mistake in
the GTA01 seller version! Have i missed one?

There were rumors of a bug in the GSM firmware causing the GSM modem not
to enter a power saving mode, BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF IT'S TRUE!

Are there any other rumors or so that Michael should clear?

* Nkoli <coomac at gmail.com> [04-04-08 20:08]:
>    There is a hardware bug in GTA01 that is responsible for the problems with
>    power management. The OM team caught it early enough that they were able
>    to fix / replace the offending hardware in GTA02, but not in GTA01 boards.
>    You'll have to search the community mailing list to find the complete
>    details. They are still working on putting together  a software fix for
>    GTA01, but not surprisingly, most of the focus is on getting GTA02 out the
>    door so a fix might take a while unless someone from the community steps
>    up. Either way, the power management issue does not detract from GTA01's
>    intended purpose as a developer phone.

Tim Niemeyer