RNDIS (comment)

P.Wolszczak [PL] p.wolszczak at pollub.pl
Thu Apr 10 01:18:52 CEST 2008

Hi! I'm Neo1973 user (few days). There isn't problem with RNDIS on
OpenMoko with Qtopia system. Maybe it will be some suggestion. Probably
device is correct. Regards Piotr Wolszczak Message: 4 Date: Tue, 8 Apr
2008 23:20:02 +0000 (UTC) From: Clarke Wixon <cwixon at usa.net> Subject:
Re: RNDIS networking (windows) doesn't work To:
device-owners at lists.openmoko.org Message-ID:
<loom.20080408T230923-380 at post.gmane.org> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=us-ascii Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at ...> writes:

> > As reported in bug 1279[1], RNDIS networking (usb  networking in
> > windows) is broken. And as noted in comment #5, no amount of messing
> > around in windows fix the problem. So assuming that the Windows RNDIS
> > drivers do work (I don't have abother device to test with), this might
> > be a problem with the Neo software.

Hi Torfinn,

I'm the one who reported that bug and have made various additional comments over
the last few weeks.

Your description is quite correct.  I'm pretty sure it IS a software (kernel?)
problem because this used to work -- with kernel 2.6.22.5 -- and now it doesn't.
 And I'm using the same Windows machine with the same drivers that were there
before.

If any kernel gurus are around I would be happy to do whatever troubleshooting
on the Neo side is suggested.  Unfortunately, Windows itself doesn't provide
much information other than the dreaded yellow exclamation point indicating the
device isn't working.

-C