Daily Snapshot Review 17 April 2008

George Barta george.barta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 21:40:15 CEST 2008

Thank you Kevin, the reports are very much appreciated.

It looks like the stability of the UI after resuming from suspend has
been greatly improved with the recent images.  I loaded the Apr 17
image, and the kernel image mentioned in this post, as well as the
UBoot image on the recommended page
(u-boot-gta01bv4-1.3.1+svnr4297+gitb29661fc1151077776454288051bc9a488351ce8-r3.bin)
on my GTA01Bv4 device.

After a full-night charge, I set the Power Management to: Dim first,
then lock.  The device goes to suspend mode after about 5 minutes.

The battery lasted for 16 hours on suspend, with about 30 minutes of
use (calls, gllin, tangogps).  I pushed the Aux button several times,
an the UI restored to a fully operational mode in about 3 seconds.
Sound feedback no longer worked, however.

I also made 3 calls to the phone.  2 of them caused the phone to
resume from suspend, and start vibrating.  One didn't (this was in the
morning after it had been suspended for about 6 hours), so I left a
numeric page which I got as soon as I pushed the button to resume from
suspend.

George