Daily Snapshot Review 24 April 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Thu Apr 24 20:56:01 CEST 2008

Today's review can be found at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-04-24 and the list
of reviews at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Today's first boot time seems to have improved by about 10 seconds
though the second boot time is pretty close to the same.

The only real change I notice in today's image over the 21 April 2008
image is that there's a new theme! I won't really do into it too much
because if I did it would be totally based in personal preference but
screenshots of the theme can be found on Thomas Wood's blog at
http://blogs.gnome.org/thos/2008/04/07/more-moko-gtk-theme/

The image seems as stable as my last recommended image but there are
no signifigant improvements except in the GTK theme. If you like the
new theme, feel free to update and take advantage of it. If you don't
like the new theme or simply don't care, you don't gain much by doing
the update.

The rootfs image can be found at
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/neo1973/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/Openmoko-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20080424-om-gta01.rootfs.jffs2
and the kernel image (also from today) can be found at
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/neo1973/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/uImage-2.6.24+git20080424-r0-om-gta01.bin

-Kevin Dean