me too! RE: I like the Neo

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 01:21:18 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:46 AM,  <cormier.doug at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi Torfinn,
>
>  Could you provide an overview of how you reference (access) the tango map
> repos on your SD card?

Ok, but it isn't anything fancy. I just made a directory one the card:
mkdir /media/card/ti
mkdir /media/card/ti/Maps

Then I made a link in root's home dirctory:
cd /home/root
ln -s /media/card/ti/Maps
It looks like this:

root at om-gta01:~# pwd
/home/root
root at om-gta01:~# ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Apr 27 13:48 Maps ->
/media/card/ti/Maps
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root            0 Apr 25 20:26 gllin

Finally, I changed the repos directoy in tangoGPS to /home/root/Maps
and saved repos and maps.
Note: first I tried just making the directory in /home/root - not a
good idea, the root partition filled up alomst instantly.
I get an interesting effect when dragging the map, but I don't know if
this is because of slower access from the sd card or something else.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen