PIN entry does not work any more

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at openmoko.com
Mon Feb 18 13:21:52 CET 2008

Hi Tilman,

I just checked the 0218 daily build rootfs image and found the gsmd version is not the latest one.
Please update gsmd version > svnr4066. You may wait for a next daily build with newest gsmd version
and it probably spends one or two days to synchronize it. Also, I am going to attach gsmd binary file
to bug#1232 and you can replace it with old one.

root at fic-gta02:/$ ipkg list_installed | grep gsm
gsmd-plugin-machine-generic - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-machine-gta01 - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-machine-tihtc - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-vendor-bcm - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-vendor-qc - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-vendor-ti - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugin-vendor-tihtc - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
gsmd-plugins - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
libgsmd - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
libgsmd-tools - 0.1+svnr4061-r42 - GSM libraries and daemons implementing the 07.10 specification
libmokogsmd2-0 - 0.1.0+svnr3663-r2 - Version 0.1.0+svnr3663-r2 of package libmokogsmd2
openmoko-panel-gsm - 0.1.0+svnr3664-r1 - Shows the GSM / GPRS status in the OpenMoko panel

Why we ask PIN status from NEO? The data flow is like this: when we power up the modem, we get a CME error
code '11 = GSM0707_CME_SIM_PIN_REQUIRED 'from modem, then we ask user enter PIN code. Therefore, it's not
from querying PIN status.

About MokoMakeFile error, here is my local.conf file, maybe you could try try see. OMDIR is your local
moko folder and TMPDIR is your build folder. BBFILES is bb recipes files for bitbake usage. If you append
to require 'moko-autorev.inc', it will always use the latest code from svn server.

MACHINE = "fic-gta01"
DISTRO = "openmoko"
BUILD_ARCH = "x86_64"
OMDIR=/home/erin/moko
TMPDIR="${OMDIR}/build/tmp"
BBFILES := "${OMDIR}/openembedded/packages/*/*.bb"
#PREFERRED_VERSION_dbus = "1.1.1"
require conf/distro/include/moko-autorev.inc

after you modify this file '/moko/build/conf/local.conf', try these commands:
# make update
# make openmoko-devel-image

wish you good luck!

Regards,
Erin

Tilman Klar wrote:
> Hi Erin,
>
> I also followed the bug down to the libgsmd and from my point of view,
> this seems like an issue related to the lgsm_pin() function. I'm not
> too much into these things yet, but from what I read, the function
> should at least do an AT+CPIN? prior before submitting the actual PIN
> using AT+CPIN="....". I tried to set up the environment (using
> MokoMakeFile) but somehow, after the first successful build of the
> whole project, I always get an error when using "make update
> openmoko-devel-image". I would be glad to be of more help here.
>
> BR,
> Tilman
>
> Quoting Erin Yueh <erin_yueh at openmoko.com>:
>
>> Hi All, I am afraid that it's a bug from gsmd part. Are you using a
>> daily build image between 02/13 and 02/15?
>> I found it's an at command buffer length problem and committed gsmd
>> code on Feb 15 (r4066). Could
>> you update to the latest gsmd version or use the latest daily build
>> rootfs image? It should probably
>> solve this PIN problem. If no, please let us know. I will follow up
>> this issue. Thanks!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Erin
>>

>> Tilman Klar wrote: