Backup/Sync

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Mon Feb 18 22:53:20 CET 2008

Peter Brewer wrote:
> I've been running the daily builds recently and feel they are often stable
> enough for use, however every time I install a new build it wipes all the pim
> data.

Just move the PIM data to the memory card; rewriting the flash won't
touch it.

Here is part of my post-flash script, which I keep meaning to document
and put up on the wiki:

# Keep Contacts DB where it will persist
ssh ${USER}@phone mkdir -p \
         /home/root/.evolution/addressbook/local/system/
ssh ${USER}@phone ln -sf /media/card/addressbook.db \
         /home/root/.evolution/addressbook/local/system/addressbook.db
ssh ${USER}@phone ln -sf /media/card/addressbook.db.summary \
/home/root/.evolution/addressbook/local/system/addressbook.db.summary