cpu

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:16:34 CET 2008

Hello Philippe,

There are a few major reasons why puchasing just the mainboard is not
feasible for OpenMoko and the community.  The cost of the board was
projected to be ~80% of the base kit, therefore if the base phone is going
to retail for $450, the mainboard will hover around ~$350, in that case
making in not practical to just sell the mainboard.  In addition, it's
better to have more fully functioning OM phones floating around.

Please check the ML archives (July 07) for a more detailed explanation.

-Kyle