Daily Snapshot Review - 20 Feb 2008

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Feb 20 20:18:46 CET 2008

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Kevin Dean wrote:

> I'd really like to hear input by you guys on where I can go from here.
> I've gotten kind words from people who find these reviews save them a
> bunch of time and I've been thanked personally by Sean Moss-Pultz and
> gotten input from developers so I know these reviews are useful. How can
> I make them more so? Most functionality is pretty stable as far as I can
> tell (barring major system changes like a new kernel).

That's sweet.  I know it's hard with a daily review setup, but maybe an
attention to battery life or other power-related features might be
possible?

> Should I branch the reviews out and start testing individual
> applications or should I begin looking for expected features that aren't
> already there?

Yes, I personally would say, start looking at other applications, and if
possible, testing other configurations (there was a suggestion for an alsa
configuration change).

I think the most helpful thing you can do as a daily tester (speaking not
as a developer on the main OpenMoko project at all!) would be to find
fault with software so that people get motivated to fix it.  So if you
don't find at least a few bugs, keep testing stuff. (-;

-- Asheesh.

--
Hideously disfigured by an ancient Indian curse?

 		WE CAN HELP!

Call (511) 338-0959 for an immediate appointment.