Daily use of Neo1973

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Wed Feb 20 21:29:48 CET 2008

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Shawn Rutledge
> <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  That's interesting; I thought the issue was that Motorola chargers
> >  have the RX and TX lines connected together, or something like that,
>
> Or maybe they measure the resistance.  I googled and found this:
>
> http://krhainos.tk/motoplug.jpg

The USB standard for battery charging from dumb chargers is here:

  http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs
  Battery Charging Spec v1.0 Spec

I haven't cross-checked the details but presumably they just
standardized the defacto standards used by existing systems.

I would expect/hope the Openmoko phone complies with that spec..

-jim