Daily use of Neo1973

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Wed Feb 20 23:15:47 CET 2008

Hi Tilman!

 > I'm pretty much sure my linux server which i sometimes use for
 > charging does not have any driver whatsoever for this device. But it
 > charges nicely.

I guess my USB power plug does not know how to choose a device config,
so thank's for the hint.

I wonder why such simple things are not yet in the software. We all know
the Neo isn't for end users yet, but aren't these problems annoying to
all of us or is that just me?

 > Strange. But however, it is windows...

Some people having to work for money to pay toys like a Neo are forced
to use Windows in the office, for example. These people would also love
to see the Windows port of dfu-util to keep the software on their Neo
updated.

I wonder though why a living Neo with a network connection (borrowed
from the PC it's connected to) cannot just go ahead and update itself
over the Internet. Why do I have do download an image and use some
cumbersome tools to get it on there. Continous integration means: Build
often, test often, so I would rather have my Neo refreshed with the
night's build every night.

Regards,
Torsten