Daily use of Neo1973 - charging in windows

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:28:55 CET 2008

I have been using the below mentioned driver (NeoRndis.inf) with a win XP
box and have no problems charging the Neo. In case the site hosting it is
down, I can mail it to anyone who requires it or someone else may wish to
host it. Mail me off list if you want the file mailed to you.

Rakshat

Nick Guenther wrote:

The trouble is Window's driver architecture. Whenever a new device is
plugged in it has to be "installed". It doesn't matter that the neo is
a generic sort of USB device, Windows will totally refuse to talk to
it until you "install". It also needs to be told that it's a sort of
device that it recognizes.

The solution is to make sure to read this:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_and_Windows
and use this: http://privat.wmo.de/~c_schweers/NeoRndis.inf<http://privat.wmo.de/%7Ec_schweers/NeoRndis.inf>(except
this link seems to be dead right now)

-Nick