Battery charging (was Re: Daily use of Neo1973)

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:27:49 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name> wrote:
>  You need a 'smart' host to do this. So if you plug the hub into the
>  host computer, it will enumerate the device and set it in high power
>  mode.

Yes the hub is connected to the computer, but for whatever reason I
don't get as much charge current out of it.

>  It seems like Openmoko should just define one working charger as
>  standard and include this one in the package to solve this for good.

IMO they should try to follow industry trends and make it compatible
with existing chargers if possible.  Especially now that usb charging
is a formal specification.  I have enough Motorola chargers already
and would like to be able to use them.